Monday, June 20, 2011

The Best Wine EVER

For some reason, my dad really values my opinion on wine, even though I am a total newbie when it comes to taste. There are not many wines that I love being a newbie, but Apothic Red had me from the start. First off, you can't go wrong with the price ($9.99) and second, its taste is a blend of heaven. It came as not surprise to me then, when Valen stumbled across an article featuring it in the Projo FOOD section.  

We shared the wine with one of my friends who is studying to be a sommelier (a trained wine professional) and he was blown away by the stuff.

We needed a great meal to pair it with, so we chose two recipes from that weeks Projo Food section to honor it. 


We did a simple swiss chard salad with fresh radishes topped with pistachios and Pecorino Romano. I whipped up a little vinaigrette for that as well. Valen was responsible for the blanched almond chicken (we did not know what blanched was before the recipe) and the carrot cilantro salad. Overall a great meal to go with that great wine. Seriously, go out and buy it if you can. Rumor has it the liquor stores can't keep it on their shelves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment